Online (via video meeting) or telephone counselling provides a flexible alternative to face to face counselling. You’ll need to have a reliable internet connection and a safe space from which to talk, enabling you to speak freely and without being overhead. There are a number of additional considerations which I have outlined in my blog to help you prepare for your first session.
Why choose online counselling?
- Fit counselling around your schedule by removing travel time to and from appointments. This can be particularly useful if you travel a lot for work or do shift work.
- Access to support if you live in a remote or rural area where there aren’t many face to face options nearby.
- Increased privacy and comfort, connecting with me from a safe space of your choice.
- Some people feel less inhibited when speaking online or over the phone rather than face to face. This may enable you to talk more freely from the comfort and safety of your own home.
- Get used to talking online before you feel ready to meet in person.
If you’re interested in arranging an initial introductory session then please do get in touch and we can discuss what you’re looking for.