- The Samaritans – If you need someone to talk to right now, Samaritans are available 24/7. You will speak to a trained listener who will give you the space to talk, vent or whatever you need. This is a really valuable option to help you manage if your thoughts and feelings become overwhelming and you don’t have anyone else you feel able to talk to. They welcome calls from anyone in need no matter what is one your mind. CALL 116 123
- The Mix – Information, advice and online peer support for 16-25 year olds.
- Mind Infoline – mental health information and advice line.
Self help websites and apps
- Getselfhelp.co.uk – A bit of a clunky old website but some great resources to work through in your own time. A mixture of videos and worksheets covering common issues such as anxiety, depression, self-esteem and more.
- Calm app – meditation and breathing exercises and sleep stories to help calm you down and improve sleep.
- Grief.com – If you’re struggling with any kind of loss, this site is a great resource to learn about the stages of grief.
Podcasts about counselling and mental health
- The Meaningful Life by Andrew G Marshall – Experienced therapist interviewing a different expert for each episode, exploring a variety of issues related to mental health, wellbeing, therapy and what makes life meaningful.
- Where Should We Begin by Esther Perel – Each episode contains clips from real couples counselling sessions. A fascinating look into what happens in her counselling room and an interesting listen to find out more about sex and relationships.
- Carolyn Spring – stories, advice and information about recovering from trauma.
- This Jungian Life – Each episode is a group of three Jungian therapists in discussion on a topic followed by an interpretation of a listener’s dream. Topics covered include loneliness, depression, infidelity, the process of change and much more.
- The Hilarious World of Depression – Conversation about depression from those who have experienced, including interviews with a variety of comedians and actors.
Holistic Therapies – local recommendations
- Joanne Wilkinson Happily Healthily Holistically – Joanne offers body massage, nutrition advice, reflexology, aromatherapy and more.
- Claire Waughman Body Therapy – Biomechanics and pain rehabilitation specialist as well as a qualified personal trainer. Claire’s unique form of body therapy is a must for anyone experiencing unresolved aches and pains or sports injuries.