I currently work primarily in my own private practice. I see adults and young people online from across the UK and my outdoor counselling work is based in the Ashdown Forest in East Sussex.
I also work for the YPSN counselling service in Brighton and have previously worked with other agencies in the local area as listed below.
- YPSN (Young People’s Support Network) – offering low cost, short and long term counselling to 16-25 year olds.
- Young People’s Centre, Brighton – offering short term counselling to 16-25 year olds.
- Counselling Plus, Hastings – offering short term face to face counselling to adults on low income.
I have been a counsellor since 2015 and over that time I have worked with a huge variety of clients. My background is in the charity sector working online to offer mental health education and emotional support.
I am experienced in working with a number of issues including:
Managing emotions such as anger and anxiety
Understanding and learning how to cope with depression
Conflict resolution skills and communication in relationships
Coping with change and life transitions
Recovery from bullying or abuse
Intrusive thoughts and negative thinking
Lack of motivation and loss of interest in life
Loss and bereavement
Low self-esteem and confidence
Managing feelings of shame
Stress and burn-out
Qualifications and training
- PGDip Humanistic Integrative Counselling from the Wealden Institute of Psychology
- Trained in Mental Health First Aid with Rethink Mental Illness
- TA101 (Transactional Analysis Certificate)
I regularly attend short courses and workshops for continued professional development and over the last year have expanded my knowledge to cover, trauma work, existential and ecotherapy, online therapy, mindfulness, addiction, dependency and more.
- Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
- Registered with the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) and GDPR compliant.
- I hold Professional Liability Insurance and I have an up to date Enhanced DBS certificate.